Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"Well" wishes for E

This past Sunday was spent running to the ER. Poor Emerson was blowing bubbles with Hayden in the backyard when he fell head-first into one of our window wells. Hayden saw it happen and then ran frantically into the kitchen to get me. I panicked and yelled for Clayton to go get him. I just couldn't do it. I was so afraid that E was really hurt and I couldn't stand the thought of it. I wouldn't make a good trauma nurse, huh? Anyhoo, Clayton pulled him up out of it and brought him inside. He wasn't bleeding but he did have a large bump on the back of his head. He was lucky to have not broken anything since the well is about 5 foot deep and has rocks all in the bottom of it. We got into the car and rushed to the hospital to get him checked out (I worry so much now about head injuries thanks to Natasha Richardson. It scares me that someone can seem fine after a fall and then suddenly die from a brain bleed). The doctor at the hospital said that Emerson looked fine but to keep a close watch on him for a few days. He slept with us that night and we had to wake him up every 2 hours to make sure that he could still answer simple questions. I didn't get much sleep that night due to worrying about the little guy so much. He woke up feeling okay. He has a few scratches and scrapes but he seems to be doing fine. It really could have been so much worse. He could have had bleeding, broken bones or a concussion. Thank God for watching over him.

***Please note that we do have well covers on our back 2 wells because they are level with the patio. We decided not to cover the 3 side ones because there is nothing near them and the ground is completely covered with rocks. The kids KNOW that they shouldn't be near them. Sigh...well now they know why.

Now on to me. I am a complete klutz and I admit it. Monday was such a pretty day that I decided to pull Emerson in the wagon to pick up Hayden at school. Clayton had it hanging so high in the garage that I couldn't get it down. I pulled a 5 gallon paint bucket over to it and used it to stand. The stupid thing tipped over just as I was about to get the wagon off the bracket. I landed on my butt. I have a big bruise on my right hip and a scratch on my arm. I am really thankful that I didn't hit my head. What is with all these falls lately?


Nicole said...

LOL sounds like my household! Hope you all recover quickly.

Mom, wife, entrepreneur, fitness enthusiast and forever discovering life! said...

Eewww!! I am so sorry to hear about the little one and you. I hope both of you feel better soon!! You're in my prayers!