Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Hectic Life

Right now everything seems to be a little bit crazy around here. If it ain't one thing, it's another. I mean this in a good way though.

First off, you know those dining reservations I made for our next Disney trip? You know, the ones I got up at 5 am to make on Easter morning so that we got everything we wanted at the times we wanted??? Wellllll, Mom knew about it but didn't tell me until this past Wednesday that she now wants to go with us. Ack! I totally freaked out because I got some pretty difficult reservations (Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue, Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle, Liberty Tree Tavern on a Halloween Party Night where the characters dress in Halloween costumes instead of their usual patriotic garb, etc.). If she would have told me 5 days before that I would have been able to easily add her into the head count when I initially called. After spending an hour with Disney Dining Wed. afternoon, I managed to get her into almost all of our ressies. Cinderella's Royal Table had to be booked an hour earlier (4:25pm) but it was either that or really late at night (8:15pm). The late time wouldn't have worked because the Spectromagic parade is at 8pm that night in the Magic Kingdom. That is our main reason for being at that particular park that night. Anyhoo, we were just lucky to get a ressie at Cindy's because it is usually booked completely at 180 days out. As for the Liberty Tree Tavern, I knew I wouldn't be able to get her in and I was unfortunately correct. It will be a party night (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party) and there are only 3 sit-down restaurants in the Magic Kingdom. Everyone makes those ressies as quickly as they can because it is super convenient to eat in the park on a party night. LTT is the best one to book for MNSSHP because it is the only character dinner where they will be in Halloween costumes too. It will be a blast. Mom will likely stay at the hotel and veg out that night. She really doesn't care to be in the MK from 7pm-midnight anyway, lol. I don't think that we did too bad. Out of 11 ressies, only 1 didn't work out with adding her in. BTW-We are so glad that she decided to go!!

My MIL Christie and my SIL Stephanie will be in tomorrow to see us. I have been working hard over the past 2 weeks to get my house organized and ready for our company. The guest room was a complete wreck from when we moved in and I finally have made it hospitable. I even made a guest basket full of toiletries, magazines, snacks, organic chocolate, etc. that sits on the dresser. Fresh flowers will be added to the nightstand tomorrow. I hope that they feel welcome. :)

Only 2 more days until Bon Jovi!!! Hubby and I are incredibly excited to see them yet again. We have been to most of their concerts since their comeback and we always have such a wonderful time. This will be our first time seeing them in Denver so it will be cool to go somewhere new.

Hayden started soccer a couple of weeks ago and he has his first game today. He is doing so much better than last year. At 5, he seems to understand a bit more than he did last year. He still isn't great but neither are his teammates, lol. I give him another year or two to really be able to play.

This coming week is spring break for Hayden's school so I am going to go bezerk. H gets bored so easily. I am going to have to find him some things to do to entertain him.

I know several of you have tried to email me or phone me. I will get back to you all next week after things have died down. Sorry for the delay.

Well, I have to continue cleaning and getting things ready. I have a massage today at 2:30pm so I better get rockin'. Have a great weekend everyone! :)

2 comments:

Krista Smith said...

congrats on getting your APR's redone the way you wanted! You rock!
and I'd certainly feel welcome if I were coming to stay. :)
Have a great time with your family and just call me after they leave. I know what it's like to have guests and trying to take care of everyday things too! :)K

Adrienne said...

hey! I'm back on blogger blogging with a new blog and I can't invite you! Help! Enjoy your massage!