Thursday, June 28, 2007

Still Stuck in a Hotel...

Can life really be any more exciting than having 2 little kids crammed into a tiny room without their toys for weeks on end?? **Sigh** We arrived here in CO back on the 13th and we have been living at the Residence Inn ever since. Don't you think that the hotel name is kinda ironic? It has served as our place of residence for wayyyy too long. Let me attempt to give ya'll a brief synopsis of our nightmarish move from NC:

13th-We flew out to CO. Sometime into the flight, we realized that 3 hours is just too long for little ones to sit on a plane and be amused.

19th-We were supposed to close on the new house. That got changed when we dropped our initial lender flat on her butt. She disappeared and was impossible to reach 2 weeks before we got out here. Once she finally did call us back, she changed her loan terms and added in all kinds of fees that were not disclosed in her original offer. She purposely waited until we were so close to closing so that we couldn't say no. Well, we proved her wrong and decided to go through the heck of getting another lender. This guy was going to try and get us closed at the end of the week. On another note, our cars arrived.

20th-All of our belongings arrived and had to be put into storage. Thank gosh that Clayton's company paid for that. We were worried about them only paying to deliver it to 1 destination and then we would have to pick up the tab to move it again. Not only did they pay for the storage but they will also pay to have it redelivered to our house once we close.

22nd/23rd/24th-New lender guy can't get us closed that fast. Clayton's loss of his license sure didn't help. He lost it somewhere in the old town section of Fort Collins. Without it, he couldn't easily get a notary to sign a document that he needed so that he could get a certified check from Wachovia. Since Wachovia isn't available out here, we had to have the check overnighted from NC rather than doing a wire transfer. We would have had to walk into a branch to do a wire. Ugh. Anyhow, Clayton's lack of a license also caused him to miss the Fort Collins Beer Fest this weekend which really stunk for him. Lesson learned, lol. Since we missed the festival, we decided to go see my Father-in-law and his wife in Nebraska. It was a wonderful break from hotel living.

25th/26th-We thought that we would close sometime early this week but things went completely awry. It turns out that the guy who inspected our house had his license revoked prior to our inspection. The bank made the inspection company do it again with someone else. Gosh, if it isn't one thing, it is another around here.

27th-Our hotel can't extend our stay any longer so we had to move to another Residence Inn in Fort Collins.

28th-The lender is saying that Clayton has to have his ID at the closing. He ordered it last week and it got here today. Thank the Lord!! I believe that our closing will be Friday at 2pm. I will believe it when I see it.

Today was also the date of my Ultra-Screen with the specialist in Denver. We had an ultrasound and learned that there was 1 healthy baby in there. I had a feeling that I wasn't carrying twins any longer a few weeks ago. It was completely intuitive and I told Clayton that I felt as though there was only one. It's so weird how I knew that. My lack of weight gain was my biggest indicator. I am as big now as I was at 5 weeks. My belly got big really quickly and then slowed down dramatically. If I had of kept growing the way that I did in the beginning, I would be huge by now. Anyhow, the baby looked great and I am so happy for my wonderful IPs. :)

I also went in to do my last blood draw for CCRM. They had me discontinue meds last Monday and they wanted to make sure that my levels were ok without them. I got poked 3 times before the gal gave up on me. She could not get my veins to cooperate and it really hurt. Now I have to go in tomorrow to try again. Sheesh.

I hope to have the internet back on soon. I am so sorry that the wi-fi doesn't work at all in our hotel. 2+ weeks is just too long not to be able to jump on my computer. The only time I can use the hotel computer is to quickly check my email so I haven't been online very much. For this post, I am visiting yummy Panera so that I can use their connection. Like Arnold said, "I'll be back". ;)


Joanna Bolick said...

Oh my WORD, Brandy, what a headache! What a sucky, stupid lender. I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. Then the lost license thing - ugh! I'm glad you DO have a place to stay, though, even if it is an Inn. Hopefully everything will go smoothly this week and the lender works it all out and all goes well. Sorry about the loss of one baby, too. Goodness! You poor thing!

Krista Smith said...

you said on the phone you felt like there was just one. Woman's intuition!! I'm sorry to hear it anyway, though.
And my LORD...girl..okay, so now, you've really got me beat as far as crappy moving stories. LOL you're so competitive. Hope it goes well today and I'll have my fingers crossed for you guys. Reed was like "Why didn't they just come stay with us for a few weeks??" I agree. you should have come here. We'd have had fun.
Call when you get all set up!