Thursday, September 07, 2006

Re-Cap of Denver

You know, I wrote out a HUGE re-cap of my adventures in Denver and somehow it all got deleted before I could post here on blogger. Dang it! Be sure to scroll down the page as I have added several new updates to my blog. Anyhow, here's how my trip went:

Wed. 8/23-My flight from Asheville got delayed and so I missed my second flight from Atlanta. It made me really late and I ended up getting to the hotel after midnight and chatting with my IM until 2am (MST), although it felt more like 4am (EST) to me. She is so sweet! She had cookies, Body Shop goodies, and a beautiful card waiting in my room for me. Needless to say, we slept in the next morning, lol.

Thurs. 8/24-We went out to the local mall to kill some time. That place is so cool! It looked like a lodge inside. I was pretty impressed. We caught a matinee and saw "Little Miss Sunshine". That movie is really cute and I highly suggest it.

Fri. 8/25 and Sat. 8/26-We transferred 3 embryos at around 2pm that Friday. Everything went well. I had a valium before the procedure so I ended up sleeping the rest of the day. I was ordered to be on strict bedrest for the rest of that day and the next. My IM took great care of me, but it was still rough. I couldn't stand not being able to get up and walk around. My body ached from being in the bed so much. At least I had good company. ;)

Sun. 8/27-My IM flew back home to Atlanta that morning, so I went out and toured the Denver Tech Center area that day. It felt so good to be back on my feet! I walked everywhere and the weather was so nice. The photo above was one of the pretty fountains that I passed on one of the main roads near my hotel. That night, I met one of my college buddies that now lives in Denver, Jennifer. I miss her so much. When we got together, it was just like old times. She was just as beautiful as I remember. We had a great night reminiscing about our college days when we both worked for a student textbook store called Packbackers. Man, those were the days! We had a wonderful dinner at PF Changs and I really enjoyed her company. Clayton and I have been toying with the idea of moving out to Denver. It would be great to be near J-fer, but she would likely move back to NC if and when we did that.

Mon. 8/28-I couldn't help but fear for my life on the 2 plane rides back home. A plane had went down the day before and I couldn't help but think about it the whole time. It was such a tragedy. Those poor people. I luckily made it back home and I was so happy to see my family waiting for me outside the airport doors. I had missed them so much. I felt such a sigh of relief to finally be back home again. Posted by Picasa


Jenny said...


I hope you're feeling better after your mango reaction. :)

It was SO awesome hanging out with you again ... it really didn't feel like so many years had flown by. Thank you for your nice compliments. You are the best!

I really hope that everything works out for the IPs. I'm keeping all of you in my prayers.

Talk to you soon!