Monday, October 03, 2005

I have a LOT to say...


About my new avatar-
I just had to update my message board avatar. I needed a recent photo of me and only me. Usually, my kids are in the photos too. Now you all know what I look like. For you guys who knew me way back when, no that isn't a perm. I know my hair used to be straight, but it isn't now. After I had Emerson, my hair grew in curly. It is the strangest thing, but I am happy with it. Who ever knew you could just one day become naturally curly?

About The Scrapbook Stand-
You guys need to check out TSS. We are having a contest to win a free kit right now. Get on over to the message boards and register to win. The details can be found here: http://www.thescrapbookstand.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=718&highlight=

About my recent scrapping achievement-
I got an email last week inviting me to join the design team for Good to the Last Crop. I am so excited! The website and kits R-O-C-K!!! There were a lot of girls up for it and I am so glad that they chose me. If you want to check out the site, go to http://www.goodtothelastcrop.com . One of the other gals that made it, Alexis, is also on The Scrapbook Stand's design team with me. She is an awesomely talented gal and I am so happy to work with her :)

About the surrogacy and Atlanta-
Ok, everyone keeps asking, so I will just post all the details here, LOL. This past weekend went fabulously, for the most part. We went to Atlanta to get some medical things done for the surrogacy. I loved the clinic and the appointment went very smoothly. Clayton and I both had bloodwork done to make sure that we aren't diseased and then I had an ultrasound. The doctor checked out my ovaries and was able to see 19 in my right one and 11 in the left one. She was concerned about the size of my eggs. She asked if I had any assistance getting pregnant with my 2 sons and I told her no. After that, she said wow and that she couldn't believe that I conceived naturally. Apparently, it is rare for eggs to be as small as mine are. Oh well, we aren't going to be using my eggs, so it doesn't really matter anyway. Oh, I forgot to tell you all how squimish Clayton got when he saw all of the photos of babies conceived through their offices. Most were of twins and triplets!

Later on, our intended parents took us to a fantastic restaurant called Oceanaire. They had the best fish and mashed potatoes I have EVER eaten! We had a great time. I can't wait to help them bring a new baby into their happy home :)

About Bon Jovi-
Tickets for the Charlotte show went on sale Saturday morning and I forgot to get on Ticketmaster at 10am. In fact, I remembered it when we were away from the hotel. By the time I would get them after that, the seats would be really bad. Ugh! I was so upset. The good news is that their Atlanta show hasn't gone on sale yet, so I am hoping to get good seats for it.

About my fabulous hubby-
After leaving Atlanta, I was very upset. The Bon Jovi thing made me sad. Clayton surprised me by stopping at the Mayfield Dairy on our way home. They have a really cute gift shop and lots of good ice cream there. Heck, it was really cheap too. We were able to get a single scoop in a cone for $1. I got birthday cake and Clayton had the Reese's cup. Let me tell you, they were both really good! Clayton knew exactly how to cheer me up.

6 comments:

Alexis said...

HUGE HUGS GIRL!! Thanks for the compliment...YOU rock!!

I'm so glad everything went well for you! You are such an amazing person for doing this for them. I hope one day to be able to find a woman like you when we want to have more children!

Celia said...

Thanks for the updates!!! And congrats again on GTTLC!!! You totally deserved it!!

Sarah said...

Glad you had fun in ATL, outside the doctor's office that is...I lived there for 7 years, and miss it.

Glad to be on the team with ya!

Linda F. said...

Wow, Brandy! This whole surragacy journey is so fascinating to me! I admire you and your husband so for being able to do this! What a perfect gift you are giving the other couple! And it sounds as if it's a gift for yourself, too!

Congrats on the GTTLD DT invite! I tried out, but they gave me a guest spot in April (I think! I told jenn she had to remind me!) I really need to work on my submissions more! I tend to not do anything specific, just pick some LO's I like.

Okay...enough rambling!

See you on the MB's!

Linda F.

Jenny said...

Congratulations Brandy! I'm so glad that everything is going well for all of you.

You still look fantastic, by the way. I can't believe I haven't seen you in like 5 years. :(

J-fer :)

Joanna Bolick said...

Mmm, I love stopping at the mayfield dairy!!! Glad that all went well w/ the ultrasound!! Congrats on the new DT!