Monday, October 01, 2007

9/29/07-Day #9

We were pretty tired on this last day and just couldn't wait to get home. Unfortunately, our flight was at 7:45pm so we had the whole day to waste. Clayton and I took the kiddos to the Magic Kingdom to do some last minute shopping but it was just too hot and crowded. We ended up having some ice cream and then we got the heck out of there. We had lunch at Captain Cook's in the Poly and then took Magical Express to the airport. Mom and Judy's flight was leaving from a different terminal so we had to say goodbye quickly as we exited the bus to go to ours. This is when everything got ugly.

For starters, I was exhausted. I couldn't hold my eyes open. We got our boarding passes but couldn't check our luggage just yet because we were more than 4 hours early. We waited 45 min. and then Clayton finally got rid of our bags. Orlando Intl. Airport totally stinks. C had to take our bags over to the scales, get it weighed and then put it onto the conveyer himself. Now mind you, this section was not at the same place that you actually check yourself in so you have to lug it yourself. I have never had to do that crap and it really makes me mad that he had to. I wasn't with him because I watching the kiddos elsewhere so he had to lug all 4 huge bags himself. It turns out that my Mom and Aunt also had to do this in their terminal so it wasn't just a Southwest thing. Ugh. So much for service. :(

We had time to burn so we went to Chili's and got us some grub. The kiddos fueled up and had way too much energy for us to deal with. Oh well, at least they could sleep on the plane.

When we got to our terminal I took a nap on the floor while waiting. Once we were able to get in line to board, we kept hearing the Southwest employee talk about Birmingham/Denver. Now hold up, we were booked for a direct flight. Guess what? They decided to load the Birmingham people on our flight and made us stop over in Alabama. I was ticked. It would be one thing if it were an emergency or their plane broke down but come on. I booked a direct flight and that it what I expected. I will be writing them a nasty note and I will never fly with them again due to this. I did not get what I paid for and they acted like it was no big deal. Well guess what, it is!! I have never had an airline change my itinerary just for fun. What a load of crap. It was bad too because of the horrible turbulence near the ground at both airports so we had to experience way more than we should have due to 2 different take-offs. Sheesh.

Anyhow, we arrived in Denver around midnight and Clayton couldn't locate his keys. It was an absolute nightmare. After digging through everything, we finally found them within the next 15 min.. Thank the Lord! We finally made our way home and passed out shortly thereafter.

Well, I this is the conclusion of the trip report (with the exception of our food reviews which will be posted later this week). I hope that you enjoyed it and if you are planning a vacation to the World anytime soon, feel free to email me with questions or suggestions. We will be heading out that way again (hopefully!) next September and we are already booked for the Polynesian. :)