Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Sunday, December 15, 2013
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Sunday, December 08, 2013
Posted by Brandy at 12/08/2013 08:34:00 PM
Saturday, November 30, 2013
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Posted by Brandy at 11/14/2013 09:56:00 PM
Friday, November 08, 2013
Wednesday, November 06, 2013
Posted by Brandy at 11/06/2013 09:22:00 PM
Saturday, November 02, 2013
Cathy's Sherried Tomato Soup (via Pioneer Woman)
Thursday, October 31, 2013
Clayton and I love soup so I started a post asking for favorite recipes on Facebook. I had many good responses so I designated this week as soup week. We will be trying 7 new recipes that are guaranteed to be tried-n-true by my friends. Day 1 started on Monday but then I ended up working on a movie set on Tuesday (12pm-2am), so day 2 got pushed to Wednesday. Well, I was too exhausted on Wednesday and we went out to eat instead. Tonight will be day 2 and then I will finish day 7 on Tuesday. I will post each recipe here along with a review so everyone can try these amazing soups. :)
Last week, we tried a recipe and loved it. This Sicilian Chicken Soup is very much the same as the chicken soup at Carrabba's. It is very hearty and the flavor is spot on. I want to thank Amy for sharing it with me. :)
Sicilian Chicken Soup (Carrabba's clone)
1. Cook chicken. Reserve broth to cook vegetables in. Tear it into 1 inch pieces, kinda thin, but not shredded.
2. Dice celery, carrots, onion, potatoes and bell pepper into 1/4-inch pieces.
Stay tuned for: Day 1-Chicken Verde Stew with Hominy (It was another hit!)
Thursday, October 10, 2013
My Aunt Judy is my "other mother". She has always acted as a second mom to me. My mom worked full time when I was little so my aunt stepped in to provide childcare. I have always deemed her extra special since she played such a large part in my upbringing. When her 50th anniversary desires for a big party came up, I offered to make invitations. Originally, I was going to do a simple computer graphic one and print it through Shutterfly. That ended up not happening. I decided to make all 54 invites myself. Besides the shopping and creating the rough draft, I spent a whole day putting them together (7:30am-11:30pm with just a few breaks for meals and picking up the boys from school). It was a pain but well worth the ecstatic praise I got when Judy saw the invite for herself. They are elegant and classy, just how I view her.
Posted by Brandy at 10/10/2013 11:43:00 AM
Wednesday, October 09, 2013
Saturday, October 05, 2013
Monday, September 16, 2013
Sunday, September 15, 2013
8.24.13---Dum dum dummmmm... The suckiest day of the whole trip was finally here. I didn't want to leave! We had such a blast. Here's a few things we learned this time around:
- The Polynesian means a lot to us and that the hefty price tag is well worth it.
- Animal Kingdom was about to get written out of all future WDW plans but Expedition Everest redeemed it.
- Emerson isn't quite ready for thrill rides.
- Magic Bands are the bomb diggity.
- Sanaa and Via Napoli are now in our "must-eat-at" restaurants.
- The Lapu Lapu pineapple drink at the Poly is nothing but straight up rum.
- Sci-Fi Dine-In will always be our quiet refuge in Hollywood Studios.
- Waiting in long lines is for suckers. Fastpass + and paper fastpasses are the only way to go.
- People are rude even in the happiest of places. Feel free to put them in their place from time-to-time. ;)
- Counter service options in our resort is a HUGE deal. We should be able to grab a quick bite easily without having to walk 500 miles to get to it.
- Always, and I mean always, book another trip immediately before departure so that the planning can begin as soon as we get home. :)
Saturday, September 14, 2013
8.23.13---This was the last full day and the craziest of the whole trip. We managed to park hop to 3 of the 4 parks. It was insane but necessary. We had 3 fastpass + ressies for Star Tours, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Toy Story Mania so we headed over to Hollywood Studios first. We didn't like our lunch options in HS so we got on a bus to head to Animal Kingdom.
Friday, September 13, 2013
That night, everyone went to the pool while I hung back for a nap. I woke up just in time to watch Wishes from our balcony. It was hard taking shots of fireworks when I can't remember how to do so but at least you can get an idea of how pretty they were. I loved being able to watch the show in the comfort of our room.
Thursday, September 12, 2013
We headed over to the Magic Kingdom to use our 4 fastpass + ressies. After riding those rides and a couple others, we headed back to the Poly. We couldn't figure out what we wanted to eat so Clayton decided to drive somewhere. When I saw a sign for Chuy's, I knew that was where we should go. I have heard rave reviews of this place but never been there. It was good but apparently I really missed out by not trying a margarita. My friend Jessica says that they are the bomb diggity. A Chuy's just opened up in Charlotte so we will have to make the trip down there for one soon.