Thursday, July 26, 2007

Things are cooling down for the Logan household

Our new home did not come with air conditioning and we looked at that as a good thing. A lot of homes here don't have it because the average high temp for our area is 89. 89 is completely doable without a/c. You sleep with your windows open at night because it gets pretty chilly and then you shut them in the morning before it begins to get warm outside. Around 2 or 3pm, it gets hot but it doesn't last long. Fans are all you need to make it through those few hours of heat. Once 6pm rolls around, it begins to cool down and you can start opening up your windows for a breeze. Well, that is how it is supposed to go anyway. We have experienced a nasty heatwave since we got into our house back on the 2nd. We have only had 2 or 3 days where the temps were below 95. Ugh. It really doesn't help that I am 17 weeks pregnant. We are finally getting air conditioning installed tomorrow. Wouldn't you know it, the temps are only going to be mid 80s today and high 80s tomorrow. That figures.

I am really beginning to show now (I will try to post a pic tomorrow). This little guy tosses and tumbles all around. We got the prelim results from the amnio and we know with certainty that he doesn't have Down's. My IPs are positively thrilled. :)

We are now only 57 days out from our family vacation to Florida and everyone is getting excited. My Mom and Aunt will be driving down from High Point, NC and we will be flying in. Their drive will be around 10 hours and our flight will only be 3.5 hours. I am glad to be taking the shorter trip there, lol. Everything was paid for and all of our dining reservations were taken care of back in April. All we have to do now is wait. I did add another fun element to the trip this past week though. I am going to take my Mom and Aunt to have tea time at the Grand Floridian on our free day. I also have another fun thing up my sleeve but I won't divulge that info. on here in case a certain hubby reads this.

***Update***
My Mom and Aunt got an awesome deal to fly to Florida so now they are going to get there in 1.5 hours. Lucky ducks!

0 comments: