Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ahhhh, the convenience of delivery guys

We got our first delivery from the milk man and I am love! It is so wonderful getting 2 gallons of fresh organic milk delivered to my door each week. I cannot stand dragging those huge cartons home from the grocery store so this was a nice change. I also got cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, eggs, Sara Lee bread and bagels, Starbucks coffee and fresh butter. Soon they will offer cookie dough and we will definitely be getting some of that also. He comes by 2 days a week but I opted for a weekly delivery. The company is called Royal Crest and they are based out of Denver. If you live in the CO area, check them out at: http://www.royalcrestdairy.com/

After finding that I could get my dairy and bread products delivered to my door, I decided to look on the web for other delivery services. When we lived in Atlanta, we had an awesome service called Webvan. They were an online grocery store that I could purchase anything from and then they would deliver it within a 1.5 hour window. The produce was always the best and the service was absolutely awesome. It's too bad that they shut down operations after a year of me being a customer. I don't really understand what happened to them considering that it was an extremely popular service. Anyhow, I was hoping to find something similar in nature here but it's a no-go. Instead, I did find an organic fruit and veggie delivery service from Denver. They deliver weekly or bi-weekly. I chose to get a medium box of mixed fruits and veggies to try out on Monday. Everything is locally grown and completely organic. I can't wait to try them out. If you live in Colorado or in parts of Nebraska or Wyoming, check out their site at: https://denver.doortodoororganics.com/ .

-Steph, they do deliver to Cheyenne, WY.
-Sandy, they do deliver to Sidney, NE.
;)

If only I could find a delivery service for meats and general groceries. I do have Schwan's service for frozen foods but I wish that I could get general stuff through them too. You know, like a can of cream of chicken soup? Oh well, I guess that I can't have it all, lol. It just really stinks to go to a grocery store here considering that they are so far away. My town is incredibly small and it only has a specialty grocery store. If I want to go to civilization, I have to drive about 20-25 minutes away. With 2 kids in tow, I just don't want to.

0 comments: