Saturday, July 21, 2007

Amnio, Grandma Christie, Bon Jovi, etc.

I know I haven't posted in a while but this past week was completely crazy for me. My nerves were shot because of the amnio that was to take place on Thursday. The thought of the procedure has always scared me and I really didn't want to go through with it. Well, my fears have definitely been validated. It sucked. I won't bore you with the details but I won't ever put myself through that trauma again (unless I fail the level II ultrasound or have some bloodwork come back abnormal). I have been so sore the past few days. Anyhow, the ultrasound was perfect and there was no markers for Down's. The baby looked extremely healthy and *HE* is a rowdy little thing (yes, it is a boy!). He moved constantly throughout the ultrasound and the sonographer remarked about how active he is. I didn't need her to tell me that. He is a little tumbler. I have felt movements since 11 weeks and now that he is 16 weeks, I feel him a lot more. I believe that my IPs have an acrobat on their hands, lol.

Grandma Christie watched the kiddos while I went to Denver for the amnio. She also watched them last night while we went to see Bon Jovi at Cheyenne Frontier Days. We took off before dinner and met Steph & Tom at their house. She made a wonderful apple salsa that we ate the heck out of. It was served with cinnamon tortilla chips. Yum! After stuffing ourselves silly, I drove us all to the fairgrounds since I was the DD. We couldn't get a parking spot at all. It was crazy. ALL of the lots were full. We drove through a nearby park and all of the spots were taken also. I just happened to luck out and see 2 girls get into a car and I got to the spot before anyone else. Thank God! We had to walk a long way from that point but at least we made it to the stadium before Bon Jovi started playing. They rocked!! I ended up sitting out the second half though because I was too tired to keep standing. I can't wait until they tour again. Hopefully, they will come to Denver.

0 comments: