Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pantry Organization

I learned a quick lesson when we moved in.  Four shelves in the pantry is a joke!  I have yet to do a grocery game shopping trip (where I majorly stock up on items) so I was shocked how quickly the pantry turned into a junk hole.  I don't even store canned food or baking supplies in there (I have cabinet storage on the backside of the island for those items) and yet it still became an insane mess.  I went to Lowe's to see what I could do about it and came home with 2 wire shelving units that had 8 shelves each.  I knew one would fit perfectly on my left wall and I was hoping to put the second unit on the backside of the door since they can hang from doors.  Unfortunately, my door frame can't accommodate the way that the hanger thingies protrude.  Oh well.  At least I did manage to get one to work for me and it holds a lot of things.  I love how easy it is to find oil, baking soda, chocolate chips, etc.  I also added 2 plastic drawer cart to the bottom of my pantry.  The big one houses my kids' lunch items and snack drawer.  The small one stores my onions and potatoes, so far.  In the middle of the pantry, I added a bag keeper so that I can reuse them in my waste bins.

I am not totally done with organizing it yet but I am for right now.  I have a million and one projects to do so I will come back to this at a later date. 

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

That is awesome!! It always feels great to get something organized and tidied up!

Tammigirl said...

Ryan just doesn't put any love into the pantry. I'm tempted to rip mine out and do something custom instead. Alas, it's not at the top of my list, but I feel it coming soon.