Saturday, December 10, 2011

Flooring Woes

Friday should have been the day for all of our flooring to go in.  Unfortunately, it was not.  Instead, I got a call from our PM telling us that the hardwoods that we ordered are back-ordered until January 10th.  Ughhhhhhh.  What a bummer!  The manufacturer makes this particular kind only 3 times a year.  They are completely out of it right now.  They are trying to locate us some from around the US and even overseas.  If they do find some, it will most likely be installed next week.  Worst case scenario, we will have to wait for the hardwoods.  Ryan Homes will put temporary vinyl flooring down in place of the hardwoods in the meantime.  They are still going to move us in during Christmas week so the flooring will not delay things in that respect, thank the Lord.

As far as our carpeting is concerned, our PM decided not to install it Friday.  He thinks that it will get stained if it is put in before the hardwoods.  The reason being that the hardwoods are all that you would see as you enter the front door.  Due to the hardwoods not being down, the floors are all concrete at the entrance.  When workers enter, all they would see is that the flooring isn't down yet so they wouldn't remove their muddy boots.  It could be that they wouldn't notice the white carpets until they had already walked over them in other rooms.  It makes sense to me so now we wait.

Next week, the whole house will be cleaned and spruced up.  Painters will be in there to make everything perfect for us.  Our sod will be laid and hopefully, we will get our hardwoods/carpet.  That's all that's left before we close the following week.  I can't wait!!!

6 comments:

Tammigirl said...

I was worried for you when I started reading. I'm glad they are giving you a temporary option to get you in on time!

Gina K. said...

Oh no - that is horrible. Is there any chance you could change flooring? I know you love the wood you picked, but maybe the flooring company has something similar that isn't part of the Ryan Homes collect that they could change you to since they can't get it in. Hope they can get it worked out.

Charlex1087 said...

Oh no! I hope they get that wood in soon, so you can move in without any worries. I think your wood is the same kind we got, and I think they told us that the state prisoners actually add the scraping to the distressed wood....weird!

Brandy said...

I am so glad that the builder will still get us in before Christmas. There are no worries. Our PM said he didn't want us to have to find an alternative because those floors are exactly what we want. He really thinks he will be able to find some for next week. Even if he doesn't, we will still get them later. It's all good. :)

As for the scraping of the floors, that is interesting. I will remember that every time I look at them. Wild!

Sgt.Rich said...

I agree that it's disappointing. But if you truly want that wood then waiting a few weeks will be nothing compared to the regret you will have for years if you switched.
Good luck!

Brandy said...

No doubt! I would kick myself if we didn't get that flooring. It has been the best upgrade on our list and the most anticipated. I am starting to get annoyed with this situation though. Shouldn't I have known of this before the day that we were scheduled for it to be installed?