1. You fill out a short survey to get put onto the wait list. The wait can be anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks. They are still relatively new and their popularity is now skyrocketing thanks to bloggers and pinners raving about them. It may take some time to get off the wait list but it is totally worth it. I think I got off the list around 2 weeks.
2. Once you get off the wait list, you will fill out a rather extensive survey so that they can accurately define your style and sizing. The more detailed you are, the better your stylist can "fix" you.
3. Schedule a fix. You will receive it around or on the day that you choose. You do not have to sign up for monthly shipments so it is nice to be able to get a fix whenever you desire.
4. When you receive your box, try everything on and decide what to keep and what to send back. You will have 3 days to decide. There is a convenient prepaid mailer for you to send items back via USPS. I just stick mine out in the mailbox and the mail girl picks it up. Easy peasy!
5. After making your selections, you will go to your account on Stitch Fix and check out. Each item will have a small survey to fill out so that you can comment about what you loved and what you didn't. That helps the designers understand your tastes/sizes even more for future fixes. Your first box can be hit or miss, but subsequent boxes get better and better thanks to understanding your preferences more.
The nitty gritty:
You will pay a $20 styling fee to the designer before you get your box. If you decide to keep any of the 5 items, that $20 will go towards your purchase. In addition, if you decide to keep all 5 items, you get a 25% discount on the whole shebang. Love that!
Just a sidenote-I did not get asked to write this review nor did I receive any kind of compensation for it. It is entirely my own opinion/experience. I just really enjoy the company! If you decide to give it a whirl, please click any of the links in my post (Stitch Fix) to give me credit for sending you there. I would much appreciate it as I am addicted at this point, lol. I am getting fix #3 next week and cannot wait to see it. :)