Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bento Lunches-The Newest Lunchtime Craze

I just recently got turned onto bento lunches from the message boards at 2 Peas. After spending a ton of money on eBay to get supplies shipped from Japan, here's what I came up with today:

The yellow monkey bento box is Emerson's and the blue bear box is Hayden's. I have a pink box with a bunny character that matches theirs.

The boxes contain the same stuff for each kid: 2 triangles of bologna/cheese sandwiches, grapes, goldfish crackers, pretzel goldfish, yo-gos, carrot sticks, cucumbers shaped like flowers and a sauce cup with ranch dressing.

The kids loved their bentos! I will try my hand at using some rice molds and egg molds later this week. Everything comes in cute shapes like fish, cars and animals. Oh, and I have these cute hot dog shapers that can make a hot dog look like a penguin, crab or octopus. I can't wait to play with everything. Who says that you can't play with your food? lol

1 comments:

Sherry said...

Seriously, that is so stinkin' CUTE! I've seen some intricate stuff, but yours look doable! (same type of stuff I pack for my daughter when she doesn't eat school lunch) May have to visit e-bay....send me a link! :)