Sunday, February 18, 2007

Poor E

My little guy Emerson began to get sick yesterday. He was running a high fever and sounded majorly congested by the time that dinner rolled around. His breathing started to sound wheezy and short. We gave him some Tylenol to battle the fever and then laid him down for the night. I had to get up at 4am to comfort him. His breathing sounded even worse and he was burning up so I laid him down in our bed. He sounded so bad that I felt the need to monitor him until we could get him to the pediatrician as soon as they opened. Needless to say, I got no sleep, lol. I was so worried about the poor little guy that I just watched him for the next few hours. Once the sun came up, Clayton got up with him and took him to see the doctor. It turned out that he was in the beginning stage of pneumonia. He came home with some antibiotics and some cough medicine that knocked him off his butt. The cough medicine has vicodin in it so he rested well during his nap. When I went to get him, he felt the hottest that I have ever felt someone with a fever. It really freaked me out! His cheeks and legs looked sunburnt as they were soooo red. His temperature read 103.2. After we got some Motrin in him, his temperature went back down. Tonight will likely be a rough one but I hope that the fever and wheezing are gone by tomorrow. Poor guy, he always has such bad luck.

1 comments:

Joanna Bolick said...

Oh my goodness, Brandy! Poor E! I hope the meds do their trick and that he feels better very soon. Poor little guy! Poor mom & dad, too!