Friday, January 02, 2015

Our 15th Anniversary in Colorado (Part 2)

12/14---We met our old neighbors, The Pratts, for breakfast at Snooze.  They lived a couple of houses down from us and I used to have coffee with Crystal quite often in the mornings.  Our kids loved each other and my boys miss them very much.

FYI-Snooze is an amazing place with the best breakfast EVER.

Around lunchtime, Clayton dropped me off at Centerra in Loveland while he went to go meet some old work buddies of his.  I ate lunch at Bent Fork with my good friend Johnna and then we shopped around the Promenade.  It was like I had never left.  I miss her muchly.  She was one of the first people to reach out to me when we first moved to CO.  I needed a friend and she recognized that.  She's pretty dang awesome.

For dinner, Clayton and I went to Beau Jo's for a mile high pie.  We also got our favorite cheese bread with honey, but it wasn't as good as it used to be.  We weren't really impressed with our dinner.  I remember Beau Jo's being way better than it was that night.

12/15---Our Anniversary Day
Clayton had a surprise for me.  He booked us a portrait session with a local photographer.  He also booked me a hair and makeup session beforehand.  What a cool idea!  We haven't had photos of ourselves in a long time.  Some photos were taken in a park and others were taken in downtown Fort Collins.  I can't wait to see how they turned out.  

Dinner was at Jay's Bistro, but we ended up having to take it back to our room because I got sick to my stomach.  Thankfully, I managed to eat my food later that night and it was oh-so-good.  It wasn't the way I wanted to spend our anniversary night, but that is okay.  I am just glad I didn't get sick earlier in the day.
I wish I could have a makeup artist do this for me everyday.  I stink at applying makeup, lol.

0 comments: