Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy New Year!

We had a low-key night at home with the kiddos last night.  We played Farkle, ate pizza, and watched the ball drop in NYC at midnight.  It doesn't get any lamer than that, lol.  I have been under the weather lately, so I had to call off a trip to Raleigh to see our besties.  Major bummer.

On the surrogacy front, I had a baseline ultrasound done this past Monday (12/29) and my lining is a little thick.  This happened on last cycle's baseline too.  It turns out that this same thing has happened to several other surros using the same doctor recently.  I think he orders the ultrasound too early.  As soon as I stop birth control pills (used to control the IVF cycle), I am expected to shed my lining.  That is not an immediate thing though and the doctor must not be taking that into account.  I didn't start until 4-5 days later.  That wasn't enough time before the ultrasound.  Now I get to go back on Monday for a follow-up to make sure I am ready to begin the next phase of IVF.  As long as my lining has thinned, I will be fine.  A frozen transfer is set for 1/22 in Connecticut.  Due date will be 10/10/15, if everything goes according to plan.  Please wish my IPs luck for the new year!

Hope you all have a very happy new year!!!

0 comments: