Monday, November 15, 2010

Sorry and an explanation

It's all confusing, lol.  I couldn't password protect my site like I have in the past.  Blogger only lets me choose to do authorized readers if I want my blog to be private.  If you are reading this, then you are authorized. :)

Under the advice of a friend, we decided to temporarily deactivate Clayton's Facebook account and make my blog private.  It would be unfortunate for a potential employer to see too much about our lives.  We aren't bad people or anything but we don't want to be judged based on a previous blog post or something else of that nature.  In this day and age, people are too easy to research.  You can find too much information on someone.  I have no qualms with unknown people reading about me and my family (heck, I read about others' lives all the time and I am not a stalker, lol) but I don't want anything I have posted to sway opinions on my husband.  That would be unfair to him.  He is a wonderful engineer and he has worked hard to climb the ladder.  Heck if I want to be the reason he doesn't land a job.

BTW, keep your fingers crossed.  NC might not be too far away!!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Wishing Clayton lots of luck on the job search (and hoping NC happens for y'all)!

Seems very smart to limit what can be discovered online...good thinking. :)

Chris & Kelly said...

That's awesome! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.