Thursday, June 01, 2006

My apologies

I am so sorry that I haven't been updating my blog. Life has been crazy lately. Here's some updates:

Surrogacy Stuff
Clayton and I flew out to Denver on 5/23 (Tues.) and came back on 5/25 (Thurs.). We weren't even there for 24 hours if you don't count the time we spent waiting at the airport. It was insane. We spent all day Wednesday at the clinic (CCRM). It was really cool to be in the #1 clinic in America for infertility. They made us take drug tests, blood tests, and have a psychological evaluation. I also had to do a routine exam, internal ultrasound, the MMPI (a 500+ question personality test), and a hysteroscopy. We left at 11:55pm that night and got home at 8am the next day.

I found out that everything checked out okay this week with the exception of not being immune to Varicella (chicken pox). I have been exposed to them on 3 occasions, but have never gotten them. Yesterday, I got the shot from the nasty health department. No one else had it in stock because it is a vaccine that needs special storage and it expires quickly; therefore, not many doctors have it on hand (except maybe pediatricians).

Around the 13th of this month, we will do a mock cycle to see how my body reacts to the drugs. Hopefully, that will all go well and we will be able to move on to the real cycle :)

Emerson
He has been going to physical therapy for the past month and I am happy to report that he is walking. By walking, I mean that he is choosing to walk rather than crawl so he is finally up off his knees. Thank the Lord! His therapy will continue for several more months to make sure that he quits walking on the inside of his left foot. All in all, he is doing really well.

Grocery Gaming
You guys that haven't tried this, really should. I can't believe that people still think that you can save more at Wal-Mart and by buying generics. That is what they want you to think. I have been gaming religiously since September 2005 and I have saved a ton of money. Last week, I spent $50 and saved $94. That is $144 worth of groceries for only $50. So far for 2006, I have spent a total of $971 on $2407 worth of groceries!!! That is a savings of $1436 and my percentage is 60%. I have a program that figures all of that out for me. Anyway, I don't buy generics nor do I shop at Wal-Mart. I shop at Harris Teeter and I buy all name brand products. HT is one of the more expensive stores, but that means that they have the best sales. When you use coupons on top of the sales, you really save big. To try the grocery game, click on my link listed on the right and feel free to use me as a referral ;)

Special Visitor
Grandma Christie (Clayton's mom) will be visiting us next week. We are excited to see her again and the kiddos are anxious to be spoiled rotten for a few days. It will be a fun week.

What was once lost is now found
I found my Digi Rebel charger so I should be posting photos again soon. Yay!

1 comments:

*Heather said...

Yeah on finder the charger!! ;) And man your grocery savings are amazing! But I guess you need to cook to go shopping right?! LOL!