Monday, February 17, 2014

Stitch Fix #17 Review

I know, I know.  It has been a while since I did a Stitch Fix review.  The past few have been great but I was just too lazy to blog them.  Today was #17 and it was a lot of fun.  I was styled by Alexandra for some reason though.  Jackie is my regular stylist.  Anyway, I will go ahead and apologize for the mediocre photography but there is only so much I can do when using an iPhone and the mirror in the guest room.  

1. La Made-Weaver Mixed Knit Cowl Neck Top $28---{KEEPER}
This is the pretty blue top shown in the top photo.  It is super soft, cheap, and such a gorgeous shade of blue.  I paired it with my Lansome Houndstooth skirt from my last fix.  It also looks great with my black Banana Republic cardigan.  The arm holes are a little bit long (you can see my bra peeking out in the big photo) but I will likely wear a cardi anyway so it won't matter.

2. Loveappella-Baltimore Chevron Striped Knit Shirt $48---{KEEPER}
My favorite shirt EVER!!  I am sick of the chevron trend but this shirt was just too pretty to pass up.  It is so soft and the colors are gorgeous.  It perfectly matches the Kut From The Kloth purple cords that Clayton bought me for Christmas.

3. Pomelo-Westin Embroidered Henley Knit Shirt $58
While I adore the gorgeous colors of this top (and how well it matches my teal skinnies), I had to sadly send it back.  It was a bit big in the shoulders/underarm area.  It is hard to explain but the fabric would fold on the sides of my chest.  Bummer!

4. Under Skies-Marian Elephant Print Split-Neck Blouse $38
I have 2 elephant print shirts pinned on my Stitch Fix board on Pinterest, so it was no surprise that I got a shirt with elephants on it.  Unfortunately, this one is not even remotely close to being as pretty as the ones I want.  I want lots of color and this was a total miss for me.  The elephants are cute but I do not care for them in bright yellow on a black background.  The shirt was also HUGE.  It says it is a small but I have to wonder.

5. RD Style-Frenando Airy Knit Open Cardigan $68
This cardigan is nice but I have no need for it.  I have enough brown/neutral items in my closet.  I want color from now on.  Even if I was in the market for a brown cardi, this wouldn't be it due to how boxy it is.  It makes me look pregnant and that is not a look that I desire when I am indeed not carrying a child.




If you are interested in giving Stitch Fix a try, I would love for you to use this link so that I get a small credit to use towards my next box. Every little bit helps. Thanks!
https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3056550

0 comments: