Saturday, November 05, 2005

Squiggy's New 'Do and Passing Out

Emerson's hair has been totally out-of-control for quite some time now. I have been putting a little hair clip in it to keep it out of his eyes, lol. He looked like a little girl with all that wispy hair. We waited until just before his first birthday because that is what we did with Hayden. He did really well! He sat on Daddy's lap while getting his trim. Unfortunately, she was scared to really cut his hair, so it isn't really all that much different. Heck, I probably could have done it myself. Oh well, at least it isn't in his eyes any more. Right afterwards, we took him over to the Picture People so that we could get his 1 year photo taken. Only 2 of the shots turned out, but one of them was really great.

In case you are wondering where Hayden is, he decided to go back home with my Mom this past Friday. She came up with my Aunt this past Thursday. Aunt Judy stayed with the kiddos while me and Mom drove to Atlanta at 5:30am. I had a doctor's appointment at 9:30am(bloodwork) and 11:15am(saline ultrasound). I had to starve myself because I was getting blood drawn for the 2 hour glucose test like they give you when you are preggo. I about died! I got so nauseous after the first blood draw. They took me back for my ultrasound shortly after and I was sick. I laid back on the table and they performed the ultrasound while I had to keep my mind off of my sick stomach. It wasn't easy. After the doctor was done, she helped me sit up and then it hit me like a brick. I was going to throw my brains up. I told her I needed a bucket and she couldn't find anything. I walked over to her sink and told her that I was feeling really bad. She called the nurse in and then she escorted me to the bathroom. Mind you, I had no pants on and had to walk out of the exam room wearing nothing but my shirt and a piece of paper around my waist, LOL. As I walked out, I couldn't see anything. It was like looking through a peephole. Everything else was black. I barely made it to the toilet before I fell. It took me a little while, but I eventually felt good enough to walk out of there. After that second blood draw, I quickly gobbled up the Butterfinger Crisp that I had stowed in my pocket book.

FYI-Just so you know, the ultrasound went great and I am perfectly healthy. My body is ready to be a surrogate!

After the doctor, we went to Perimeter Mall to meet my old high school friend Sabrina. She brought her adorable daughter, Madison, to eat lunch with us at the Cheesecake Factory. Gosh I miss that place! Anyway, Sabrina is just as cool as ever. We had a nice time re-visiting with one another.


cheri said...

i really admire what you're going to do for another family...such a wonderful gift.

*Heather said...

Cute pictures! Good seeing you the other day in Target! And yum on The Cheesecake Factory...LOVE that placE! ;)